Last weekend, my friend Jackie and I kicked back and watched our first ever Hindi film (well, most recent, anyhow). It was called Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, and it was excellent! Lots of song and dance. It was like a Buzzby Burkley film from the 1930's, where, for absolutely no reason at all, the whole room of people would break out into a huge, choreographed dance sequence, complete with a catchy tune. The same was true for this film. Out of nowhere, suddenly two of the main characters would be singing together by the pyramids and then, inexplicably, by another natural landmark definitely not in India. It was very cool. I've included one of the songs from the movie (this one's better quality than the other one I really like). Now picture me trying to do the dance moves along with the video! That's real comedy.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I must say, it was amusing to watch you do the dance moves. Those songs are catchy, chatchier than anything should be allowed to be.
Ok, so what the heck are they singing about??? It was a fun clip! --Ma
By the way, his name is spelled-Busby Berkeley.
If you like films about India, you must start with the Apu Trilogy by the great director Satyajit Ray. That is the foundation of the essence of India.
Pie Eating Cataloger
Post a Comment