Thursday, November 19, 2009
I Bought Some Roses So I Could Slow Down and Smell Them
Every year at this time, there's never enough time for anything. Once the end of October hits, it's literaly a hop, skip, and a jump away from New Year's. I don't know how it happens, but I blink and miss a week. This year, it's going especially fast. I have so much to do, between homework, friends, holiday plans, and romance. Yes, for now I have someone to spend Friday nights with who is not my roommate. We'll see what happens, but for now I decided I needed to slow down a litte. This is one of the most beautiful times of year, when the leaves change in October, then when the snow comes in November and December. It's the time of year when we're all supposed to spend our time relaxing, sipping egg nog lattes, hanging out with our loved ones, and making snow angels, but how many of us really make that the focus of our winters? I guess it's never been like that -- there's always something to do. But maybe we've lost even that little part of fun we used to have. Maybe fun has been relegated to the background. Maybe that's what's wrong with our society. We need to take time out to dance around our apartments when no one else is home (guilty as charged), take a field trip with some friends to stargaze, or have a long conversation over hot chocolate with a relative. So, tonight, I'm taking time out to smell some lovely roses I bought (and put in two coffee cups since my vase is out on loan), make dinner for some friends, and then snuggle with someone special. Now I put it in your hands. Go find a snuggle buddy. Go drink an apple cider. Go call up your grandma. Go. Go now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment